Monday, November 15, 2004

Into the Darkness

Into the Darkness
I cast my voice much fearful
Nothing will return


An inauspicious start to what I hope will become a better developed practice.

My intentions:

1. To post at least one haiku per day. Haiku are both relatively easy to write, and difficult to write well. Furthermore, being that haiku have only seventeen syllables, and brevity is the soul of wit, haiku, even bad ones, have the soul of wit about them. I sincerely will try to post one every day, however, for reasons that might become clear later, or perhaps not, the timing of the posts will be erratic, at least at first.

2. To post, from time to time, any other bits of short fiction or poetry I am willing to allow other people to read.

3. To vent, from time to time, my frustrations. There is, you see, an exhibitionist component to the endeavor. However, for those more discerning readers who have already heard or read enough of the solipsistic ramblings of mid-twenty-somethings, the autobiographical components will be clearly marked, and should be easy to avoid.

Format (subject to change):

Each entry will begin with a haiku, just as this one did.

Any short fiction or poetry, beyond the haiku, will be preceded by single line title, as so:

Fictionality, part ii

Do not lie to me, please,
To make such easy prey on one
Doomed to act on what he sees.

You could, I think, with ease
Take my heart and have your fun,
But do not lie to me, please.

I understand that she was taught to tease
And love is a contest to be won.
She, too, doomed to act on what she sees.

Little I know of the business of countries,
And acts not suited to light of sun.
Do not lie to me, please.

Perhaps there are some keepers of the keys
Of secret things to do and things done,
Each state doomed to act on what it sees.

No one tell me things meant to appease.
I know each soul must make its run.
Just do not lie to me, please;
We all, doomed to act on what each sees.

C.G.Johnson

“C.G.Johnson” will mark the end of any such piece.

Any further ramblings will be marked by either the title “Ramblings” or “Autobiography” or something like that.

Feel free to visit as often as you like, tell your friends, and make links.

It's time for me to head "once more into the breach." Goodby for now.

Chris

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good start to your blog chris. i'm excited that you'll be putting some of your work online where it can be read and appreciated. i hope the discipline of writing each day will become something that gives you strength and is energizing to your spirit.
all the best,
bill

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home